All of our wood restaurant chairs and bar stools are strength tested and certified by BIFMA (The Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association), which sets the leading standard for the commercial furniture industry. The BIFMA Standards are voluntary and not all manufacturers adhere to these higher standards.
In order to become BIFMA Certified, the products must pass a series of tests such as a load ease test, back durability test, back strength test, stability tests, leg strength test and drop test to ensure you are getting top quality furniture that can handle the rigors of a busy commercial environment. Examples of the types of tests required for compliance are listed below including the results as they relate to our products:
- Back Rest Strength Test - 150 lbs. Functional - PASS, 250lbs. Proof - PASS. There is no loss of serviceability to the chair.
- Drop Test - 225 lb. Functional Drop Weight- PASS, 300 lbs. Proof Drop Weight - PASS. No structural breakage or loss of serviceability.
- Seating Impact Test - 165 lbs. 100,000 cycles - PASS. No loss of serviceability to the chair after completion of both the Impact and Load Ease tests.
- Stability Test - Front- 21 lbs. to tip, Rear- 45 lbs. to tip - PASS. The chair will not tip over as a result of the force application.
- Back Durability Test - 75 lbs. applied to back - 80,000 cycles - PASS. No structural breakage or loss of serviceability.
- Leg Strength Test - 150 lbs. Functional Load - PASS, 250 lbs. Proof Load - PASS. No loss of serviceability to the chair.
Purchasing BIFMA-Certified Furniture - Benefits:
The BIFMA standards are voluntary, this means that not all manufacturers invest the time and money required to manufacture their furniture to these higher standards. When purchasing our chairs you simply know that they are made to withstand the heavy daily use that is part of a dining establishment.